“Arrabiata is a spicy sick because it contains chili pepper, as it’s name subtly suggests since “all’arrabiata” means “being angry”!”
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Ready in: 27 minutes
500 gr. penne pasta
2 red chili peppers
2 cloves of garlic
30 gr. olives cut washer
30 gr grated parmesan
4 tablespoons of olive oil
7-8 basil leaves
- Boil the penne pasta in salted water for 6-7 minutes or until al dente.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and chop the peppers and onions.
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and sauté the sliced garlic until golden.
- Then remove it with a slotted spoon because it has give the flavor we want for our sauce. Add the chopped onions, chopped peppers and stir for 2-3 minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Add 250 gr. water, salt, pepper, basil leaves and olives and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Strain the pasta and when the sauce is ready, pour in, adding parmesan and stiring until all ingredients are bound together.
- Serve and garnish with basil leaves.